- Cars parked inside will decay, but at a rate so slow that they won’t decay before a wipe is finished. It doesn’t matter if they are on a lift.
- Cars parked outside will decay in 7 days.
- Minis and Scrap Helis will decay in 7 days. It doesn’t matter if they are on a base, in a base or parked on the ground outside of TC range.
- Boats and Snowmobiles parked inside do not decay. Outside they decay in 2 days.
- Submarines parked inside do not decay. Outside they decay in 7 days.
In order to prevent these vehicles from going poof, you have to periodically repair them.
Decay is a feature added to the game because of the massive amounts of player-made structures on the map, which the servers can’t handle.
Decay works by slowly decreasing the health of the foundations of a structure. If left unattended, the decaying structures will break and, in co-ordination with the stability system, the rest of the building will soon fall apart as well, ultimately leading to the total destruction of a structure. Unlike in earlier builds, decay now affects any and all structures, no matter what the tier or location. Higher tiered structures will generally decay slower, and after a longer delay.
If a certain part of your base has been partly decayed, then you need to repair it with the resource used to create it. Metal Fragments fix metal structures, Wood fixes wood structures, and so on. To repair, take the Hammer tool, and ensure you have the relevant resources in your inventory. Hit the structure by left clicking, and on each successful hit, the health of the structure will visibly and physically increase until it is repaired fully. If a structure has already collapsed, it is not repairable and must be rebuilt.
VIP players will have an option in their TC UI to repair the base with the click of a button.
Decay is prevented by building a Tool Cupboard and filling it with materials which are consumed over time.
|Time to Decay